Version dated 25.5.2018
1 - Type of data collected
THE DATA THAT YOU PROVIDE:
For your account/registration
To use our loyalty programme, our corporate programme (reserved for companies) and have a membership to our association (for hoteliers only), you must have an account on www.contact-hotel.com, published by Contact Hotel.
Contact Hotel collects all the personal data that you provide when creating your account on www.contact-hotel.com, namely your surname, first name, postal address, your mobile number and your e-mail address, and potentially your civil status, date of birth and your phone number.
For making reservations
For reservations or orders on our website, you must provide your payment information (banker's card number) and your name, country, phone number and email address.
For contacting customer support
When you contact our customer support, we may collect:
• your e-mail address if you send us an email and / or your name, address and possibly the phone and fax if you send us a form;
• the content of the messages you send us, by e-mail, by form or via our customer support chat. (We may also collect technical data about your internet connection, browser, and devices).
◦ DATA WE COLLECT AUTOMATICALLY THROUGH YOUR USE OF OUR SERVICES
We store usage data when you access our service (or use it in a particular way). We use logins and cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to offer targeted advertising for our services and our business.
2 - Using your data
Based on the performance of our contract, we use your data to provide you with our services, including:
• ensuring your reservation is made
• ensuring you make use of our loyalty programme,
• answering your questions to customer support,
• selling items in our online store,
• detecting possible bugs and maintaining the stability of our service.
Based on our legitimate interest, we use your data to:
• produce marketing statistics and analysis to understand how you use our services;
• improve your user experience, including sending you questionnaires and surveys;
• fight against fraud. In particular, we may automatically process your account and payment details as part of your transactions. This process may result in an automatic lock on your transaction.
We may, with your consent:
• invite you to participate in online surveys on an ad hoc basis;
• send you sales and/or promotional offers uniquely from Contact Hotel.
Contact Hotel never sell database information to third parties. We do not share your personal data with our third party partners without your consent.
Finally, we may process your data for proof purposes and in compliance with our legal obligations.
3 - Recipients of data
The data we collect is accessible to our service providers, acting as subcontractors, who contribute administratively and technically to achieve the above mentioned goals (including hosting provider, payment provider and advertising technology)
In this context, the data we collect may be transferred outside of the European Union. In this case, we ensure that the transfer conforms to personal data transfer legislation and in particular that it ensures an adequate level of personal data protection.
In order to comply with our legal obligations, your personal data may also be transmitted to the authorized administrative and judicial authorities, only on a legal requirement.
4 - Data controller
Contact Hotel is solely responsible for processing its users personal data.
Contact Hotel, registered with the RCS Troyes under SIREN number 407 535 137, with its registered office at 32 Boulevard Victor Hugo, 10000 Troyes, represented by Mr. Thomas Richard, in his capacity as Chairman, is responsible for processing the data that is collected.
Contact Hotel processes your data for the purpose of ensuring the performance of the previously mentioned services, relationship management and invoicing for its customers. It also processes this data as part of its legitimate interest in bringing you further sales offers, for statistical purposes as well as improving its users' experience.
5 - Data retention period
The retention period of your personal data varies depending on the purpose for which it is collected:
• Customer data for managing reservations is held for a period of three years after the end of the business relationship.
• Customer data as part of managing the loyalty programme is retained for the period of the loyalty programme membership.
• Data on partner management and business accounts (corporates) is retained for five years from the date of deletion for the sole reason of proof.
• Data relating to your use of the service is kept for 12 months from the activity that generated its collection.
• Documentation and accounting documents are kept for ten years, as accounting proof.
• Data relating to your credit card is kept by our service provider for thirty days after the customer has checked out. Your credit/debit card cryptogramme is not kept by our service.
• Data subject to legal requirements (login details, identity, contact details, transaction data) is kept for 12 months from the time of being collected.
• Data from member hotels is kept for the duration of the membership. This data is kept for ten years after withdrawing from the relationship.
6 - Your rights
In accordance with regulations on personal data, and in particular the law n ° 78-17 of 6th January 1978, modified by the Law n ° 2002-801 of 6th August 2004 known as law "Informatique et Libertés" and the European regulation on Data Protection n ° 2016/670, known as "GDPR", you have the following rights regarding your personal data:
• Access: This is your right to get confirmation that your data is being processed or not, and if so, to access that data.
• Correction: This is your right to ensure that any of your data that is inaccurate is rectified as quickly as possible and that incomplete data is completed. You can, at any time, change personal data in the "My Info" section of your customer area, or write to the Contact Hotel head office for hotelier members.
• Deletion/Removal: This is your right to be able to delete your data as quickly as possible.
• Limitation: This is your right limit processing when you object, when you dispute the accuracy of your data, when you think that processing is unlawful, or when you need to prove, exercise or defend your rights in court.
• Objection: This is your right at any time, to object to your data being processed by Contact Hotel, when it is necessary for the legitimate interests of Contact Hotel. You can also object to your data being processed for prospecting purposes.
• Portability: This is your right to receive your data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable and interoperable format, and transmit it to another controller without us hindering you.
• You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
• You have the right to give instructions on the fate of your personal data in the event of death.
Exercising your rights with Contact Hotel must be carried out by contacting the Hotel Contact Data Protection Representative.
7 - Data Protection Officer
• By e-mail to: email@example.com
• By using this online form: https://www.contact-hotel.com/contact.htm
• By writing to: Contact Hotel - the Data Protection Officer - 32 BD Victor Hugo - 10 000 Troyes
8 - Security for your data
We protect your data by using physical, electronic and administrative security measures. Our safeguards include firewalls, organizational measures (such as a login/password system, physical protection, etc.).
When you submit credit card details when making your reservation, SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encryption technology helps secure your transactions. Our partner in charge of managing reservations is certified PCI DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard) security standards applicable data to the payment card industry. The PCI DSS aims to reduce online fraud.